Get me outta here!

Saturday, February 1, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday: Top Ten Worlds I'd Never Want To Live In

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. For more info about the meme and how to participate, click here.

This is way late because I forgot to publish my list and I meant to elaborate more but before it gets even later here's my list of worlds I wouldn't want to live in.


1. The Handmaid's Tale - Gilead

A world in which women are used as breeding machines? No, no, no!



















2. Nineteen Eighty-Four

There is just so much going on in this world that it's probably the scariest vision of future I have ever read. Nobody would want to live in this kind of world, yet sometimes it seems like our world is coming scarily close in certain instances.















3. The Hunger Games - Panem

Sacrificing children for the sake of oppression and entertainment is not okay to start with but the whole way this world is built and the people have to live to get by is not a place I want to ever live in.
















4. Delirium

A world in which you're not allowed to love anybody and are not allowed to have any feelings does not seem like one I'd like to live in.
















5. Matched

Being assigned a partner and a job and only having a counted number of books, paintings etc doesn't sound like a nice way to live your life.
















6. Enclave 

Either living underground, in gangs, or in settlements that are in constant fear of being attacked by  Freaks is a scary vision of the world. It's maybe more dangerous than worlds in other books I mentioned but I think a world that is basically like we know it now with less freedoms is maybe scarier than a world in which survival is the most important thing...













7. Legend - The Republic

Another oppressed society but with lots of military and fighting, a deadly virus and all kinds of things going on that we wouldn't want to endure.















8. Feed

I haven't read the whole series yet, actually I haven't finished the first book yet but while it doesn't seem like a world I'd want to live in but at least it seems relatively safe in a way.
















9. Bumped

Another world in which women, or well teenage girls in this case, are used as breeding machines. A big NO! It's either getting pregnant in your teens or living in a religious community where people get babies early in life as well. Doesn't seem like a place I'd want to live in.















10. Fahrenheit 451

A world in which books are burned?! That alone should be enough to not want to live in this world but the whole question of censorship is scary.



1 comment:

  1. I'm glad I stumbled across your blog! I really enjoyed scrolling through your responses and being introduced to the Top Ten Tuesday posts. I had never seen them before, so now I'm a little inspired to write my own. I've actually been wondering, as of late, how to incorporate more books into my blog (which is mostly creative nonfiction). I have read about half of the books you listed here, but I certainly wouldn't want to live in any of these worlds! I'd add that I wouldn't want to live in "Lord of the Flies," either (from fear of my animalistic peers, I suppose) or in the land of Opium (where "The House of the Scorpion" takes place). I'd be perfectly happy as a hobbit, however, and at Hogwarts. :)

    ReplyDelete