Get me outta here!

Sunday, June 30, 2013

Top Ten Tuesday: Books I've Read in 2013

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. For more info about the meme and how to participate, click here.

I'm very late but I wanted to participate and have a look at what I have read up till now.

 Top Ten Books I've Read So Far In 2013


1. Through the Ever Night by Veronica Rossi
While I really liked the first book of this series, this was one was absolutely wonderful.

2. Vain by Amelie Fisher
I picked this up because a friend gave it an awesome review and I figured with the rating it has on Goodreads I should give it a try, even though it didn't seem like it would be my kind of thing (honestly, only judging by the cover at first). It turned out to be a wonderful read and something completely different than I expected. I just found out it's going to be a series, I can't wait to read more!

3. Harmonic Feedback by Tara Kelly
Another one I picked up because friends gave it a good rating and I enjoyed another book by Tara Kelly (which appears further down on this list). Again, it's a book that turned out to be an unexpected gem.

4. Requiem by Lauren Oliver
The conclusion to Delirium, I really liked this series and I'm very much looking forward to Oliver's next projects.

5. Amplified by Tara Kelly
Another music themed book by Tara Kelly, a fun and well written novel about a band.

6. Pushing the Limits by Katie McGarry
Another one I read because friends loved it and it was a good read, interesting characters and a well-written story.
 
7. If I Stay by Gale Forman
This one had been on my to read list for a while now and I finally read it when I randomly came across it at the library. While I didn't like it as much as others do, it was a wonderful and emotional read and the story is quite different from other things out there.

8. Flat-Out Love by Jessica Park
I think I randomly found this, or it was an Amazon rec. I loved that it was set in college and it had a funny style about it. Also I always love books that use things like emails and Facebook statuses.

9. Mila 2.0 by Debra Driza
An exciting debut! Didn't think I'd like this one as much as I did but the story about the Android girl was quite good.

10. HDU by India Lee
I basically went by the ratings I gave the above books on Goodreads, there are some other books I rated with 4 stars and this one I only gave 3 stars but I did really enjoy it so I wanted to put it in this list after all.

Honorable mentions for the Treadwell Academy books and Let It Snow

Fitting in with the theme of the post, I'm also having a look on how I'm doing with my reading challenges of this year:

General challenge - read 50 books: I'm doing quite well with 38 books and according to Goodreads I'm 14 books ahead of schedule so I'm pretty sure I'll go over the 50 books.

Debut Author challenge: I've read 6 out of the 10 books, I only reviewed 1 though.

Books I resolve to read in 2013: I've read 1 so far so not doing so well here but still enough time left to catch up.

(Re)read Atwood: I did read The Penelopiad, I'm keeping up with the Positron series and I reread The Edible Woman so I could started to work on it but I could do better on this. The Blind Assassin is on my 2013 resolve list so I'll hopefully be able to add that to my list at the end of the year as well.

Read more Findley: Here I definitely could do better but I did start to read You Went Away the other week. I should soon start my reread of The Last of the Crazy People and get going with The Piano Man's Daughter, part of my 2013 resolve list.

All in all, I feel like I'm doing pretty well and I should be able to catch up with the things I'm not doing so well on until the end of the year.

0 comments:

Post a Comment